Friday, February 4, 2011

Nov. 22, 2010: Unlike in the USA

I miss Root beer!!! They dont have any and think I am weird for liking it.
Dr. Pepper, same as above! These crazy people ;)
I cant get regular water at any place besides my house or in the store.
There is no right turns on a red light here, and whoever is to your right at an intersection, without signs, has the "right of way" even if you stoped first. Thankfully they are not so backwards that they drive on the left side of the road :)
The tip you would normally pay after eating out is already put into the price of the food, so you dont need to tip and if you do it is 5-10% max.
The price at stores is the real price, no extra taxes are added during check-out (they are in the cost already), so you know for sure what you are paying.
For other differences, check out nothingforungood.com
I have learned that Germany is a very vibrant place. It is advanced in technologies and ideas. I new this, but being here has really allowed me to see that Germany is really not just the "old country". Ah, I am learning so much!!

No comments:

Post a Comment