Friday, February 4, 2011

Barcelona

I am now back from Bacelona. I actually got back last Sunday, but have just been too busy to blog before this. I had such a wonderful time there!! The temperatures were in the 50s F, or around 10-12 C. I left for Spain early Friday morning and flew on German Wings. The flight was great and I actually thought the seats were more comfortable on this flight than on some other, more expensive, airlines I flew with before. I made it to Bacelona around 9 am and then went to the hostel, Somnio. It was very clean and in a perfect location. Very close to the city center so I could stop by my room during the day to grab what I needed, but not too close. Friday I stayed around La Rambla to find my barrings and get a feel for the city vibe. Saturday I spend on a city bus tour, seeing all the sights in the area. I found Parc Guell to be a wonderful little retreat for eating lunch and seeing the city with a view. I did get to see the Sagrada Familia, but only from the outside. The lines where so long, there is free entrance every Saturday in January, and I did not have enough time to wait in line and still see other sights. Sunday I spend down by the beach, soaking up the January sun :P and enjoying the mild buzz of the winter beach. Then late Sunday I flew back into Stuttgart, safe and sound :) The weekend was busy and I was rather tired by the end, but I loved seeing Barcelona.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like FUN!! makes me want to go to Europe... Just wondering, is there any difference between both blogs besides that this one is public? I can't tell... :P

    ReplyDelete