Friday, February 4, 2011

January!

January 21, 2011
This was not the best week, not bad, but very busy and exhausting. Monday was particularly difficult, as it was the first day we did home work this week in a while and that was not something Tim wanted to do. Monday we had a bit of a battle to determine whether he would listen and do school or not. I guess I "won" because though we had a little struggle on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, it wasnt too bad :)
This week I also had language class twice, so that ate up two of my evenings. However it is also allowing me to get out to the house in a structured setting. Today (Friday) I had off, so I am enjoying a three day weekend :) And there you have it, my life this week.


January 17, 2011
Time to catch everyone up again. Sorry I havent been on to blog lately. Last week was very busy and long, this week will be the same. Let me start with last weekend. On Sat, the 8th, I went to Switzerland for church and met several young people there and sat and chated with one of the guys, named Janic. He is pursuing a degree in law and we talked some about politics :) I havent really been able to talk about politics since coming here, and it was so wonderful to talk with him about something I love. I also met another American family, who, I understand, went to college with my parents. Sunday I spent studying in my room and planning my trips to Munich, Barcelona, and Viena! I cant wait!!!! Last week Tim and I had a lot of fun playing store, coloring, and other games.
This weekend I left for Munich early Sat morning to go to church. On Sunday I met with Brandon, an au pair living in that area, and we visited Dachau and Marienplatz. Dachau was heartbreaking and I found it rather difficult to really understand how people could do such horrible things to others.
Marienplatz was beautiful, I cant even explain the beauty that Munich holds. I am planning to go back and visit again some time soon.


January 8, 2011
Two Months!!!
I have been here for two months to the day!! Is that amazing or what?


January 2, 2011
A Muse...Part 1 & 2
Part One:
I was thinking New Years eve about the first time I stayed up till midnight. I remember watching my favorite movie which was the perfect for New Years eve because it was long and it had horses in it!! :) I think my parents slept till about a 1/2 hour before the New Year and then we all sat around the tv and watch the Space Needle light up with fireworks.
Then I started to think about the 2010 New Year, I drove with my sister over to the house of some good friends, ate great food ;), and just hung out. I think we watched My Big Fat Greek Wedding :P Haha, I remember I got a txt from someone I hardly talked to that really confused me! That was a blast. I cant believe that a year later I'm in Germany and was here to bring in the New Year!!! It's amazing how much things can change in one year.

Part Two:
I know that this time of year everyone is setting new resolutions. I dont know why but I never really got into that. I think it's partly because my Dad taught us from a young age to set goals and then to go for them. So for me, I can set a goal any day of the year and then strive to accomplish it. I keep those writen down for future reference and then check it off when it's accomplished. So I was going through my journal just a minute ago looking at my goals and came accross an entry that was written shortly before I left for Germany about spiritual dreams. I found them really inspiring and thought I would share some with you. They arent mine, they are actually some of the spiritual goals of my church family, but they really made me think. I hope they make you think too :) So here they are! Btw, they arent in any particular order.

I have a dream...
1) that all believers will one day be on the same page.
2) that God will finish the work that He started in us. Psalms 37:4&5
3) that God will put His law into our hearts. Hebrews 10
4) that our leaders will have the fear of God and will die to themselves and live for Him.
5) that society will replace the fear of government with the fear of God.
6) that I will be there to see people accept the love and light that God offers. Rev 21:6, 1 Cor 13:12
7) that God will save us from ourselves.
8) to live with God and have no pain. Rev 21:4
9) to really understand that your sins are forgiven, just before you are called home.
10) that we will remember that we do more with God working through us, than by ourselves.

I found these helpful and a good reminder of what we really look forward to. I know that this year may seem really important right now (it sure seems like that to me), but the really important thing is the goal or dream that we want to accomplish for God! These dont happen in a year, they happen over a lifetime.
I have a dream that one day I will hear God say, "Well done good and faithful servant." Mat 25:21


January 1, 2011
Happy New Year!!!
Happy New Year to everyone back home!!! :D It is 1:30 AM here. Tonight I spent the evening with the Kubessa's. We stayed up till midnight and then went out to the fields in the back to watch the fireworks. Tonight is the only night in Germany were they can legally have fireworks, so the sky was lite up with beautiful fireworks. I think I will miss the 4th!
I hope that you having a wonderful end of the year and a great start to the new one!!

No comments:

Post a Comment