Friday, March 25, 2011

Update

I realize that I have been remiss in my blogging these past few weeks and so I think it’s time to fill you in on what has been going on here in Germany. Probably the first thing I should mention is that the Tim, little boy I take care of, finally has a full time aid at school again!! We all are very excited about this and so far he has done a wonderful job back at school. Tonight we celebrated having two weeks with no red cards!! I think that between the new aid and my host mom, Anja, being on maternity leave now, the stress that has been present for the past few months is going down. I think everyone is relieved that things are finally reaching a “normal” status again. I guess that will be changing soon though because there will be a new baby in the family within the next month!!
This past week has been good overall. I have been busy with my regular activities, attending to Tim, and I have also started to study U.S. history for an exam I am hoping to take soon. I have been shifting around my schedule some to figure out where to place all my activities in my free time, but I think it has been a good thing. There was also a misunderstanding between Anja and myself this week that added some drama to our lives. Thankfully it was all worked out and everything is back to normal  I have to say that it is not always easy living with your employer, and I am sure it is not always easy for the host family to have another person always staying with them. But I think we have been working well for the past, wow, almost five months. Since coming here though, I have realized that living in another family is one of the best ways to really experience a different culture because you are living with people who really understands what it means to be of that nationality. So I have to say this has been one of the coolest experiences of my life and my host family has greatly contributed to it.
This is the news to date. I have learned to take one day at a time, as no day is ever the same, and so far that is working. So, tomorrow I am going to enjoy the Sabbath. I hope you have a wonderful Saturday as well!!

No comments:

Post a Comment